Total Pageviews

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Staten Island grandmother reaches 80,000 Twitter followers

STATEN ISLAND, N.Y. -- The borough's Twitter queen, 80-year-old Josephine Lamberti, has reached 80,000 followers on the popular social networking site. Last time we heard from the Prince's Bay grandmother -- better known as @J_Dimps on Twitter -- she was stuck on 74,000 followers.


"I'm so excited that I achieved my goal, and this proves no matter who you are, anything is possible if you believe," said Mrs. Lamberti, before adding: "I'm not going to stop now ... it's time to go for a million!!!"
She has plans for some new YouTube videos,
which she says will feature some of the celebrities she has connected with, including Missy Elliott and Rihanna. Last week, she attended "Saturday Night Live" as a guest of Rihanna, who performed on the show.

The homegrown YouTube.com sensation, who was put on to the wild world of Twitter by 25-year-old  grandson, Donny Brandefine, gained 6,000 Twitter followers since last Thursday.

She has been featured in People Magazine and The Advance/SILive for the past two weeks.



She also appeared on "The Insider" last night on CBS.
Among her top Tweets along her journey to 80k:
"Thank God for these wrinkles and fake teeth ... because guess what? It could be worse! Life is too short!
SMILE ya bums!" And this one: "Sometimes I wonder how I'm able to stay so sexy at my age of 80! My secret: Lots of red wine and meatballs!"



Source: SILive.com

No comments:

Post a Comment